At the University of Mindanao, our commitment to becoming a globally recognized institution offering quality, affordable, and open education goes hand in hand with our dedication to safeguarding the privacy of our stakeholders. In line with this commitment, we diligently adhere to privacy practices and comply with the provisions of the Data Privacy Act of 2012 and its Implementing Rules and Regulations, which are applicable to all information processing activities conducted by our institution.
As a valued employee of the University, we handle your information in strict accordance with the law, carrying out our responsibilities as an educational institution and as an employer responsibly and ethically. The information we collect from you serves various purposes, including administrative, historical, statistical, and similar functions.
Rest Assured that we will not use or disclose your personal information beyond our legitimate interests as an academic institution and as an employer, and we will seek your explicit consent for that specific purpose unless processing your information without your consent is permitted under the Act or other relevant laws.
In certain cases, we might need to disclose or share your personal information with individuals such as family members, representatives, or persons explicitly identified in your written consent. These disclosures allow the designated individuals to receive the information or act on your behalf in accordance with your requests.
Authorized personnel at the University of Mindanao will have access to your records for the following purposes:
- Processing your documents and records during your employment application and tenure at the University.
- Addressing your exercise of data subject rights such as being informed, objecting, accessing, correcting, erasing, blocking, and seeking damages.
- Facilitating payments, claims, maintaining employment records, conducting marketing activities, and performing other legitimate functions inherent to an academic institution.
- Fulfilling our legal obligations.
- Contacting you for appointments and relevant communications.
Should you have any complaints, concerns, or questions regarding the collection and usage of your personal information, please don’t hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer. To ensure a prompt and accurate response, kindly provide specific details related to your request and explain its rationale. You can reach our Data Protection Officer by writing to:
Data Protection Officer
QMO, DPT Building, UM Matina Campus, Matina, Davao City
Contact No.: 082-293-9141